Drug Treatment Court teams are effective because of the interdisciplinary training and professional experience working hard to reduce crime and substance abuse in your community.
The Van Buren County Drug Treatment Court team has a combined total of seven graduate degrees in law, social work, and counseling and eleven bachelor’s degrees in a variety of majors including business, political science, sociology, criminal justice, and psychology. The team has a combined total of 208 years of professional experience.
- Honorable Kathleen M. Brickley, Presiding Judge of the Women's Court
- Honorable Jeffrey J. Dufon, Presiding Judge of the Men's Court
- Susan Zuiderveen, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
- Michael McKay, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
- David Hunt, Defense Attorney
- Adam Bancroft, Defense Attorney
- Rachel Lindley, Specialty Courts Administrator
- Courtney Blaylock, Case Manager
- Nehemiah Poffenberger, Case Manager
- Jerry Miazga, Deputy for the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Department
- Ann Marie Schaefer, Probation Agent for the Michigan Department of Corrections
- Marc Pulphus, Probation Agent for the Michigan Department of Corrections
- Nikki VanSandt, Substance Abuse Director for the Van Buren County Health Department